Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 32 – Friday 10/22









Final Destination: Wauchula, FL
Not much to report today. The day started out nice and tranquil (see picture of golf course). I was apparently in orange grove country because as far as the eye could see there were orange trees, orange trees and more orange trees (pictured). I got some encouragement in the form of a sign by the side of the road which read “Keep Going” (see picture) It was quite literally in the middle of nowhere and had no relation to anything else in the area. I think it was from God.
I thought about shortening my trip by hopping on a train (pictured), but then I thought about the missionaries and God’s encouragement earlier and decided to keep on peddling.
Got chased by another crazed loose dog today, but I was ready this time!! Got him with some of my ‘Halt!’ pepper spray (My new best friend, pictured).
Til Tomorrow...
Also pictured:
- Jack and Fin, look at the humungous crane I passed today. It is just like on those videos we watch “I dig dirt”
- Churches look very different from classic New England down here!

3 comments:

  1. Totally hysterical Blake - a sign from God indeed!! A job well done my brother.
    xoKathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. See you tomorrow, my son.
    Still hard for me to believe you wended your way from the rocky coast of Maine all the way down the entire sandy eastern coast of the United States to Naples, Florida--- in cold and hot weather, in rain and sun, up the hard hills of Connecticut and the worn-down Appalachian mountains of Pennsylvania, across and around and in and out of little southern towns not found on regular maps inhabited by good people with ferocious dogs---alone---with your bike, your tent, your sleeping bag and your God.
    I echo your sister: well done, my son!
    LIH, Mother 1-4-3

    ReplyDelete