Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 23 - Monday 10/11







I left Tooie's around 8am. It was hard to leave.
I followed the Cape Fear river all the way to Fort Fisher (pictured) where I caught a ferry to Southport (pictured).
I met areraly nice couple on the ferry who were Christians. We biked together for about 5 miles after we disembarked and talked.
It was nice to connect with other people in the body of Christ.
I think I have "caught the sun" because it was HOT today. Much of the terrain was flat and straight (14-15 miles of staight at a time!)
I meditated in 1 Cor 2:16 today, "You have the mind of Christ." The implications of that are staggering! I thought about what Christ's mind meditated on and it is summed up when Jesis said 'my will is to do my Father's will' Is that my will...?
Around 5pm, I set up camp at Ccaptain Andy's Campground" in Calabash, NC right on the border of SC.
My perception is that this "campground" is really a boat launch area for fishing boats that doubles as a campground, if you know what I mean.
Oh well, it was only $10 for the night.
I headed out to a local pizza joint (Tony's pizza) for so carbs. The people were exceptionally nice from the start.
My waitress, after taking my order, saw me studying my maps and came over to chat.
I told her what I was doing, raising money for my church's missionaries, and she was really interested and impressed.
Toward the end of my meal as I was finishing my spaghetti, she and the other waitresses came over and presented me with a genuine Tony's Pizza T-shirt on which they had written, "May God Bless you, The staff at Tony's Pizza, Calabash, NC" (See Picture in next post)
Thanks Esther, Naomi, Tony and the rest!! You made my day!
Til Tomorrow...

Also Pictured:
- "Ages-Gone-By" - The NC coast is peppered with lighthouses, large and small. Here is one that is no longer in use.
Just think, at one time this was a very important lighthouse on the NC coast...now abandoned, sad.
- I continue to cross=cross the inter-coastal waterway
- Another church

No comments:

Post a Comment