Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 22 - Sunday 10/10


Miles:38.4
Final Destination: Wilmington, NC

Went to church today at the campground Chapel (Chapel-by-the-Sea) an interdenominational church.
I went to Sunday school where they were studying one of my favorite books in the OT...Habakkuk!
I love 1:6 where Yahweh tells Habakkuk that he is going to do something that he would not believe, which in the Hebrew is literally, "something that will make your ears tingle." I love that euphemism!
The sermon was a little disappointing in that it was centered around why 911 happened and some bad teaching on Ishmael's descendants and the Arabs.
I actually had to get up and leave at one point, I just could not take it any longer!
The preacher did say something that I meditated on that day as I rode. She was talking about the Holy Spirit coming at Pentecost like 'tongues of fire.'
She then said that anytime fire is is on or around you it makes you do something. You just don't stand still!
Makes a lot of sense that when you are filled with the Holy Spirit you are "activated." He empowers you to "DO." I like that!
It was a light day on the bike and I got to my aunt's (Tooie) house around 4pm. I had not seen them since my wedding 13 years ago.
They hadn't changed a bit! (Pictured) My cousin Amy came over to their house as well and we talked and laughed and reminiced until late into the night (actually too late for my cycling schedule, but who cares, its family!)
Said our goodnights and fell asleep instantly.
Til Tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment