Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 17 - 10/5







(Pictures uploaded!)
Miles: 65.1
Final Destination: Currituck, NC (Camping on the water!)

Woke up sore today because of yesterday’s lack of nurtition. Got on the road around 8am and headed south toward NC. Crossed the border into NC around 10am (pictured) my 10th state ! I don’t know what I am going to do for SC as I have run out of fingers!
It was a beautiful cloudless day as I road beside the “Dismal Swamp” (pictured: me pointing to it). It is a huge wildlife preserve, but I think that they just gave it over because it was so dismal.
The wind was at my back all day so it was like having a day off for my legs. I cruised at around 14-15 mph with little or no effort. I needed it after yesterday. Thanks Lord.
A big day today as I turn my map over to the ‘Outer Banks alterate route’ section. I have been looking forward to this part of my trip from the planning stages. It is one of Jesse’s (my brother) favorite places on earth and I am really anticipating experiencing it. I looked on google maps and Hatteras is actually 20+ miles out to sea! I had no idea. Hope and pray that the weather holds.
Meditated on Romans 12:5 today as I rode; “so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member BELONGS to all the others.” I thought of all the verses that talk about who we “belong” to, Our wives (1 Cor 7, if married), To Christ (1 Cor 6:20). Wow, got me thinking of how much time and effort we put into our individualism and us and Scripture continues to tell us that we are not our own...Hmmm.
Ended my journey in Currituck, NC at a campground directly on the water. I sat out on their pier in the warm afternoon sun on a bench listening to jazz on my ipod and drinking a cold beer. Life is Grand!
Til Tomorrow...
Pictured:
- A church with similar cut steeple shingles as SWHCC
- The confedaracy is alive and well in the south (flags)
- Houses near the shore making sure the ships still have ample warnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment