Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 13 - Friday 10/1





Miles: 56.2
Final Destination: Tappahannock, VA
Well, it was with regret that I said goodbye to Beryl and my ritzy accomodations. Thank you again Beryl, it was special.
She drove me over the Bay Bridge (or should I say I drove over the bridge) and she dropped me off a little south of DC. With granola bars, peanut M&Ms and Cheez Its supplied by Beryl I headed of down RT 17. I am currently in my 9th state (pictured) and heading for NC. Should breech that state line on Monday. After that I have to grow a couple of extra fingers.
I think the hills are behind me as I bike further south. My average MPH went way up today because of that and a very stiff wind at my back. Nice to have that for a change.
Til Tomorrow...
Pictured:
-"Ages-Gone-by" A shed in the middle of a field taken over by nature and the passage of time (BTW, Beryl had a book called "The Vanishing Landscape" in which a photographer took pictures similar to mine around the Eastern shore area of MD, VERY interesting!)
-How about these house prices!!
-Another church I passed

1 comment:

  1. Great going, Blake! We've been thinking and wondering if you have had a lot of rain these days with all of the news about lots of rain!
    We are in WI w/ J&J and family enjoying them and their wonderful home and area! God is good and gracious! Our love & prayers!
    Sandy & Rich

    ReplyDelete