Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 28 – Sunday 10/17










Well, today started out COLD! I think I heard it was 48 degrees when I started biking. As you can see, there was a little frost on the side of the road (pictured).
I was biking on the north end of the Okefenokee Swamp all morning (pictured). It was literally 24 miles of straight road. As far as the eye could see (pictured)...a little boring.
I made it to a little town of St. George just in time to worship at a Baptist church (pictured). It was wonderful to be in the Lord’s presence once again. I felt kind of strange being at church in my spandex bike shorts. Maybe I will bring that fashion trend back the SWHCC with me.
I entered my 13th and final state today...Florida! (pictured) Now Florida is a long state so the next 6 days will be getting from here to Naples...whew!
I decided to take a rest day in St. Augustine just south of San Fernandina where I am staying tonight. Some good friends, Brian and Christa, just moved there with their two kids this year from CT and I will stay with them and see what the city has to offer.
The campground I am staying in tonight Fort Clinch) is apparently very highly rated and coveted (you have to make your reservations almost a year in advance!). The park ranger told me he was giving me a very nice site right on the water since I was only staying one night and what a site it is! It overlooks the water (picture) and people kept coming over and asking how I, with a little single tent, got such a prized site! Thank you, Lord.
Well, I enjoyed the sunset (pictured) and settled into my “prized” campsite for the night.
Til Tomorrow...
Also Pictured:
- I had a little Armadillo wandering in and out of my camp all night. Such strange looking animals!

No comments:

Post a Comment