Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 27 - Saturday 10/17




Miles: 66.6
Final Destination: Folkston, GA
Well, there’s another city that we need to visit again. I know I just touched the tip of the iceburg of what Savannah has to offer.
Today, my brother in law Ben took me outside the city to roads more appropriate for a bike. As I was getting ready to get on the bike I went in and bought some water as Ben took a quick ride on my bike. When I came out and was walking up toward him, he tossed me his car keys and said, “I’ll see you in Florida.” I think he wishes he was going with me.
I rode for a few miles with a man from Poland who was biking from New York to Jacksonville, FL and then west to Phoenix, AZ where he was boarding a jet to Hawaii. He was on holiday and was seeing a part of America he had never seen. We talked about touring and camping and how nice people are in general.
I met another biker (TC) a little further down the road. She was a local and was doing her daily 40 miles over and back again on the Jekyll Island bridge (pictured). Thanks for taking the picture, TC!
I met my parents at a McDonalds just off I-95 as they were headed to Florida (pictured). It was wonderful to see them and spend some time with family.
Til Tomorrow...

Also Pictured:
- Another old little outcropping of God's family along the road

2 comments:

  1. I was talking to my sister in-law when she started saying "Ahh Ruthie your a famous puppy dog." She explained to me what you were doing, and why Ruthie was a famous dog, so I had to see for myself. What you're doing is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Blake! It was so nice and motivating to meet you and to talk to you at McDonalds. The kids had alot to say. Its so cool that you have Ruthie in the picture (Man I love our daughter) So is there a way people can help give off this blog? Please help us help you...
    -Brian and Elizabeth Ward

    ReplyDelete