Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 26 – Friday 10/16










Miles: 69.8
Final Destination: Savannah, GA
Dick’s hospitality continued as he dropped me off south of the city. It would have been difficult making my way out of Savannah with all the traffic. It was sad saying goodbye to such a wonderful city and host. As Arnold would say...I’ll be back.
The riding today was on roads that were pretty busy as a made my way toward Savannah, GA. The only highlight, or I should say “lowlight” was that I almost got hit by a flatbed truck as we were coming to a light. I actually flinched as he went by! When I got to the light I signed to the trucker that he almost hit me and he signed that I should have moved over, which was impossible because there was no shoulder past the whileline. I was shocked that a trucker did not know the road priority of pedestrians, bikers, autos then trucks!
Anyway, I made it to Savannah (my 12th state, pictured) where my brother in law and his family were vacationing (pictured). They put me up for the night. It was great to seeing them and spending some time with family. We walked around Savannah down by the river. It was a bustling city with a vibrant nightlife (pictured). We ate some hot buffalo wings (not the best bike fuel...oh well), took in the sights and ate some delicious ice cream from Leopold’s (apparently famous).
The night was capped off with Ban and I sitting out on his porch having a stogie and a beer overlooking the city of Savannah on a cool (65 degree) fall evening (pictured). I felt like a plantation owner all over again.
Til Tomorrow...
Pictured:
- They still have drive-ins down here!!!
- Road near Parris Island, the famous Marine training base (Jets pictured)
- "Ages-Gone-By" I wonder how many cars got fuel here ove rthe year?

No comments:

Post a Comment