Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 14 - Saturday 10/2




Miles: 46.7
Final Destination: Gloucester, VA
Not much to report today. Route 17 is a fairly boring ride, flat, straight with littleor no shoulder. For some reason therer were a lot of dead frogs, snakes and even on good sized turtle (interesting).
Got to Tony and Laura Freudig's house (friends that moved away from SW Harbor) in the early afternoon and had a wonderful time with them. We talked, walked in the woods and even went and saw a person that was flying a remote control helicoper just down the road. He was a really good pilot and that was enjoyable. It was great being with their 4 wonderful children. I soaked it in as I miss my three so much. Daniel, their 5-year old reminded me a lot of Jack. Emma took me on a "national Geographic-like" tour of their chicken coop (she knows more than Dave Ward I think). It was good being around friends.
Til Tomorrow...
Pictured:
- Passed a truck Bog show where these trucks with massive wheels go through muddy man-made bogs. Jack and I have to go to one of these when I get home!
- I don't know why I didn't know this, but VA is probably the most historic state in the union. Many signs just the like one pictured litter the sides of the highways and byways.
- "Ages-Gone-By" Abandoned house.

No comments:

Post a Comment