Friday, September 3, 2010

Nervous and Excited

OK, people have been asking me how I am feeling about my "impending" ride. Well, I am both nervous abd excited. Excited to get on the road and fulfill a dream of mine that few have ever been able to fulfill. Yet at the same time nervous. Not so much for safty or weather, but because of the solitude. I am looking forward to an extended time of reflection and introspection, but I am primarily a social people-person. Lonliness on the road is what I am most concerned about.
I certainly would not have had this problem if my brother in law, Ben, had not become pregnant (well, not him but his wife). What an inconvenience (touch in cheek)!He was planning on biking a couple of weeks with me and had to back out earlier this year.
So, pray for me that I will have some great time alone with the Lord as well as for lonliness on the road.
Thanks and keep checking the blog. I'll be writing daily from the road
In Christ,
Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment