Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 2

Miles today: 68
Total miles: 131
Final destination: Freeport ME
First of all, thank you to Paul and Donna (Adrian's parents) for putting us up last night. Diner, a warm bed and breakfast was wonderful!
Today was fairly uneventful. It was a beautiful day to ride, bright sunshine mid-60's. Stopped for lunch in Wiscasset @ Red's. It is famous for their lobster role. We waited in line for 20 minutes and the line barely moved so we jumped ship and went across the street for a bowl of pasta (mmmmm, carbs!). Sorry to have missed it, but we watched our lace in line and it took over an hour for the line where we were to reach the window and be served! Thankful we bailed! Lobster rolls another time I guess.
Bike ran fine today. Had a slight mishap with the front fender, though. Bent it up pretty badly when my foot caught it at an intersection. Have to go back tonight and fix it.
Also had the best pizza I think I have ever had in my life for dinner. It was a tomato, sausage, bacon, garlic and feta pie here in Freeport. Amazing! (it also could be because I burned 6,000 calories today and was famished). Either way, I enjoyed it.
No picture today, not near a computer. Hope to upload a bunch tomorrow, have some great ones!
Tomorrow's destination...Kennebunk ME
Til tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Blake, my ride plan up Kennebunk didn't come together as I hoped. I want to meet you half way (maybe Dover?) as I will have to double back to get my car. I'll leave u a message at the campground or check your email for my cell phone.

    Lou

    ReplyDelete