Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 8 - Thursday 9/23





Miles: 51.9
Final Destination: Shawangunk, NY
Well, here I sit at Yogi Bear Jellystone campground! Talk about kid friendly...they have everything. There are however, no kids or campers here tonight. Season is over and its just me and a couple of diehard retirees.
Today was an easy day after a much needed day of rest. Those hills of CT killed my legs. Not long, but steep!
Had a great time with my family and my sister Kathy threw a bash with friends and family at her house last night. Ate, talked, laughed. It was good to be there. (Thanks Kath!) My mother did my laundry (Thank you!) and had a soft bed to sleep in. I'll see them in Florida in a scant 32 days.
Beautiful bike day, mid-70's. Left Ct and entered my fifth state..NY (pictured)
Crossed the Hudson on a walking bridge that was beautiful (pictured). It was there that I met Mike Pitt (pictured). He too was biking from Maine to Florida. He started in Boothbay and was being followed by his wife and they were making a vacation of it; staying in B&B's and eating out every night. He had no gear on his bike, but still comiserated about the hills in CT (He had to walk up Deer Hill too!!) Hope to see him along the way again.
In Poughkeepsie I noticed that my rear whell was wiggling back and forth. Tried to tighten it but no luck. Called ahead to a bike shop in New Paltz, NY and they said 'come on in when you get here' I was worried that there was something major wrong so I took it easy. When I got there they took it right in and pulled the back wheel apeat. It turned out to be a loose part in the bearing area. Fixed it up and was as good as new and on my way. Thank you Mike and Al! (Pictured)
Til Tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like that day of rest what just what God intended it to be, restful! Great job. Read the word and meditate on it. Hope to hear from you in the am!
    Adrian<><

    ReplyDelete